Here you can learn about alcohol and other drug-related health concerns, educational initiatives, environmental strategies plus collaborative efforts between the U-M campus and Ann Arbor community.
Our programs work to reduce harmful consequences of alcohol and other drug use, in order to support students in achieving their personal and academic potential.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Alcohol Use at the University of Michigan: Learn how U-M addresses alcohol use and why it's important.
U-M students have access to multiple resources on alcohol and other drugs, many of them free.
- Alcohol e-CHECKUP TO GO (e-CHUG): Students can use this online, personalized, brief screening tool for alcohol
- Wellness Coaching: A free, confidential, and non-judgemental program to explore your use of alcohol and other drugs possibly make changes.
- Stay in the Blue App: Offers many features to help you or a friend Stay in the Blue.
- Collegiate Recovery Program: Students in recovery can find a supportive community where they can achieve academic success while enjoying a genuine college experience, free from alcohol and other drugs.
- Marijuana e-CHECKUP TO GO (e-TOKE): An online, personalized, brief assessment tool that lets you see how your marijuana use, family risk and campus norms affect your life and possibly your future.
- Tobacco Cessation Help: U-M is a smoke-free campus, and students, faculty and staff can get support for quitting.
- Workshops and Trainings on Alcohol and Other Drugs: How to request tailored workshops and participate in Sober Monitor Training Program, plus Introduction to Motivational Interviewing training.
Learn about campus-wide media campaigns and resources that identify misperceptions about alcohol and other drug behaviors of U-M students. The goal of these campaigns and resources is to help students minimize negative consequences and enhance their college experience by making informed decisions.
- Stay in the Blue: Staying in the Blue can help you get what you want while avoiding the stuff you don't want.
- What You Need to Know about Laws, Policies and Ordinances involving Alcohol and Other Drugs: Learn the laws, policies and ordinances involving alcohol and other drugs, so you can stay out of trouble.
Our community partners work with us to address the harmful use of alcohol and other drugs, share resources and provide support to those in recovery.
- A2C3: Ann Arbor Campus Community Coalition: This coalition addresses harmful alcohol use
- Choose to Be Safe and Legal! Learn the laws, policies and ordinances involving alcohol and other drugs, so you can stay out of trouble.
- Hosting Off-Campus Parties: Things to Remember for Responsible Hosting: How to ensure that everyone has a fun time at your party.
- Medical Amnesty : Medical amnesty helps ensure that minors at medical risk as a result of alcohol intoxication will receive prompt and appropriate medical attention.
- Parent / Guardian Communication regarding Alcohol and Other Drug Harm: U-M notify parents / guardians in certain circumstances because of the health and safety risk inherent in alcohol and other drug misuse.
- Alcohol and Sex: Stay safe, have fun, skip the regrets.
- Alcohol Emergency: Learn the signs of an alcohol emergency and know what to do.
- How Students Stay in the Blue: Michigan students have LOTS of strategies for Staying in the Blue.
- The Effects of Combining Alcohol with Other Drugs: Combining other drugs with alcohol can have unpredictable and unwanted consequences. This page will help you understand the dangers and take steps to prevent harm.
- Problem Drinking: Any one of these consequences is reason enough to evaluate your relationship with alcohol.
Check out the many available resources, on- and off-campus. Or call us to help you navigate resources: 734-763-1320.