Make Pharmacy part of your visit to UHS!
Location: First floor - see also Location, Parking and Transportation
734-764-7387 (general) or
734-764-4180 (prescription refill requests)
Pharmacy hours are the same as Building Hours.
Three Easy Ways to Request Refills
- Use the PocketRx app, anywhere, anytime: Download the PocketRx app from your app store, and enter zip code 48109 to find our pharmacy
- If you have your prescription number (printed on container label or Pharmacy computer receipt), call 734-764-4180. Leave a voicemail message with requested information.
- If you do not have your prescription number, call 734-764-7387 instead.
- In person at the UHS Pharmacy
- Prescription drugs - a full array
- Over-the-counter (non-prescription) products at competitive prices, plus discount coupons for safer sex, cold care and nicotine replacement products. For a product list, see brochure near the Pharmacy display cabinet.
Who can use the UHS Pharmacy?
If you are among the following groups, you are eligible to use the UHS Pharmacy. You are not required to use our Pharmacy, however we would like to be your pharmacy of choice.
- UHS patients
- Currently enrolled U-M students
- U-M faculty and staff
Commitment to Quality:
- Fully licensed
- Committed to providing quality pharmaceutical services with emphasis on individual patient counseling about such issues as drug interaction, dosage, appropriate storage and side effects
- An academic training site for the U-M College of Pharmacy Experiential Program
Insurance and payment:
The Pharmacy accepts multiple prescription drug plans, including the following. This list is not comprehensive and is subject to change - please consult staff for questions:
- Blue Care Network (BCN) U-M Student Insurance Plans (domestic and international)
- Most Michigan BlueCross-BlueShield Plans
- CVS Caremark
- Several Paid Medco Prescription Programs
- Health Alliance Prescription Drug Plan (HAP)
- Express Scripts
- Priority Health
- Cigna Prescription Programs
- MedImpact Prescription Insurance Drug Plan (U-M plan)
Some prescription insurance plans cover the full prescription cost, while others require co-payment. Payment is expected at time of service, unless the situation is an emergency and special arrangements are made with the Pharmacy. See Payment for options.
Frequently asked questions:
How long will it take to fill my prescription?
Times vary. Processing involves legal obligations, and although staff work as efficiently as possible, complications regarding prescription clarification, insurance coverage, etc. may lengthen the wait.
How will I know when my prescription is ready?
You can wait for it, or you can choose to be notified via email or text when it's ready for pick-up.
Can I transfer my prescription to (or from) the UHS Pharmacy?
Yes, provided you have refills remaining. Consult Pharmacy staff, who will explain this process.
Does the Pharmacy accept prescriptions written by out-of-state physicians?
Yes, with a few exceptions. Consult Pharmacy staff for more information.
Can I send someone else to pick up my prescription?
Prescription information is confidential by law, so we prefer that you pick up a new prescription. However, you can send someone else to pick up a refilled prescription. Call ahead to authorize another person to pick up. He or she must present identification to the Pharmacy. If you prefer, you can also provide written authorization.
Will my parents be notified about my prescription(s)?
Typically, UHS Pharmacy will provide prescription information to you only. However, note there are some exceptions:
- If you are under 18 years old.
- If you give written authorization to release this information.
- If you are using insurance belonging to your parent(s), the insurance company may contact the person responsible for that insurance policy.
If I have graduated, will the Pharmacy refill my prescriptions?
Yes, provided you have refills remaining, you may have access to all your refills within the legal one-year time frame, even after graduation.