For some services, payment is expected at the time of service and can be made at a check-out station.
- UHS and/or Michigan Medicine will bill your health insurance.
- If you don’t want your health insurance to be billed, you may make payment arrangements with the UHS Patient Billing Office on the SAME DAY that your tests or services are ordered / performed. Payment must be made within 30 days.
- Patients may be responsible for paying any deductible, co-payments, co-insurance or any other costs not covered by their health insurance.
- Personal checks
- Debit, credit and Flexible Spending Account cards with Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover logos
- Bill to a U-M student account, for currently enrolled students, for amounts above $10
- Payroll deduction, for faculty and staff, for amounts $50 to $1500. An initial payment of $50 is due at time of service. The remaining balance can be made in four deductions. There is a $5 processing fee for EACH deduction.
Note: We do NOT accept MCard.
If you have a bill from UHS, you may pay it:
- Through the patient portal (you will need an account)
- By arrangement with the UHS Patient Billing Office (visit in person, call or email)
- By mail at:
UHS Patient Billing Office
207 Fletcher St
Ann Arbor MI 48109-1050
Questions about a UHS bill or payment?
Please contact the Patient Billing Office.