To set up (register for) a portal account:
Are you a student coming to campus?
- Be on the lookout for an email from Michigan Medicine with a unique link and activation code.
- Please create your account within 24 hours of receiving the registration email. If the 24 hours have passed or if you have not received the registration email by August 1, please email UHS-HIM-Registration. Please include your UMID number, date of birth and a local address.
- Students are encouraged to register for the patient portal as soon as possible. If possible, register before beginning of Fall semester.
- The portal offers many features for patients at University Health Service, including the ability to self-schedule testing appointments for COVID-19 and to easily get test results.
For all others: You must be registered as a patient in the UHS electronic health record (MiChart) in order to create a portal account.
- If you plan to visit UHS in person, or if you recently visited: Follow instructions printed for you at check-out. Create your account within 30 days after receiving instructions.
- If you have not recently (or ever) visited UHS: After registration, you will receive an email from Michigan Medicine that includes a unique link and activation code (UHS and Michigan Medicine share our electronic health record). Create your account within 24 hours after receiving this email.
- If you miss these opportunities:
- Get your medical record number (MRN) and activation code by calling the Patient Portal Help Desk at 734-615-0872.
- Then create your account at MyUofMHealth.org by clicking the blue "Sign Up Now" button
To restore your account:
- If you forgot your username or password, go to MyUofMHealth.org and click the Forgot Username? or Forgot Password? links. To submit a request, you will need your medical record number (MRN), which you can get by calling the Patient Portal Help Desk at 734-615-0872.
To get help:
- If you have other problems with portal access, call the Patient Portal Help Desk at 734-615-0872.
There's an app for that!
In your app store, select the "MyChart by Epic" app, then choose "MyUofMHealth." Once you have the app, sign in with your patient portal log-on and password. Please note that documents such as records and letters cannot be viewed via the app.
What can I do with a portal account?
MyUofMHealth.org is a secure patient portal that allows UHS patients to:
- Request an appointment, view and cancel appointments, or self-schedule with an established provider (a provider you have seen before in the same clinic, e.g. Medical Clinic or Gynecology and Sexual Health Clinic)
- Receive laboratory and other test results
- Send non-urgent messages to your care team (avoid phone tag!)
- Review prescription medications and request prescription renewals (sorry, you cannot request refills at the UHS Pharmacy; instead, please call the number on your prescription package, or see Pharmacy)
- View your allergies, health history, immunizations, demographic and insurance information
- Refer to visit summary information, including patient education
- Obtain health information and education related to test results, medications and diagnoses
Proxy access is available through the portal as follows:
- For patients 11-17 years old: Full access is available, but account is granted based on need as determined only by a provider
- For patients 18 years or older: Full access is available, and access must be granted by the patient
For more information or assistance:
- See MyUofMHealth.org Frequently Asked Questions
- Call the Patient Portal Help Desk at 734-615-0872. The Help Desk is available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.