To set up (register for) a portal account:
Are you a student coming to campus?
- Please email UHS-HIM-Registration. Please include your UMID number, date of birth and a local address.
- Students are encouraged to register for the patient portal as soon as possible. If possible, register before beginning of Fall semester.
- The portal offers many features for patients at University Health Service, including the ability to self-schedule testing appointments for COVID-19 and to easily get test results.
For all others: You must be registered as a patient in the UHS electronic health record (MiChart) in order to create a portal account.
- If you plan to visit UHS in person, or if you recently visited: Follow instructions printed for you at check-out. Create your account within 30 days after receiving instructions.
- If you have not recently (or ever) visited UHS: After registration, you will receive an email from Michigan Medicine that includes a unique link and activation code (UHS and Michigan Medicine share our electronic health record). Create your account within 24 hours after receiving this email.
- If you miss these opportunities:
- Get your medical record number (MRN) and activation code by calling the Patient Portal Help Desk at 734-615-0872 (7:30 am - 4 pm).
- Then create your account at MyUofMHealth.org by clicking the blue "Sign Up Now" button
Quick link to
To restore your account:
- If you forgot your username or password, go to MyUofMHealth.org and click the Forgot Username? or Forgot Password? links. To submit a request, you will need your medical record number (MRN), which you can get by calling the Patient Portal Help Desk at 734-615-0872 (7:30 am - 4 pm).
To get help:
- If you have other problems with portal access, call the Patient Portal Help Desk at 734-615-0872 (7:30 am - 4 pm).
There's an app for that!
In your app store, select the "MyChart by Epic" app, then choose "MyUofMHealth." Once you have the app, sign in with your patient portal log-on and password. Please note that documents such as records and letters cannot be viewed via the app.
What can I do with a portal account?
MyUofMHealth.org is a secure patient portal that allows UHS patients to:
- Request an appointment, view and cancel appointments, or self-schedule with an established provider (a provider you have seen before in the same clinic, e.g. Medical Clinic or Gynecology and Sexual Health Clinic)
- Receive laboratory and other test results
- Send non-urgent messages to your care team (avoid phone tag!)
- Review prescription medications and request prescription renewals (sorry, you cannot request refills at the UHS Pharmacy; instead, please call the number on your prescription package, or see Pharmacy)
- View your allergies, health history, immunizations, demographic and insurance information
- Refer to visit summary information, including patient education
- Obtain health information and education related to test results, medications and diagnoses
Proxy access is available through the portal as follows:
- For patients 11-17 years old: Full access is available, but account is granted based on need as determined only by a provider
- For patients 18 years or older: Full access is available, and access must be granted by the patient
For more information or assistance:
- See MyUofMHealth.org Frequently Asked Questions
- Call the Patient Portal Help Desk at 734-615-0872 (7:30 am - 4 pm).