Wolverine Wellness is the part of UHS that fosters personal & community well-being for U-M students, in college and beyond.
On this page:
Vision: A campus where all students thrive
Mission: To partner with students to foster personal and community well-being in college and beyond
- All students deserve equitable access to wellness: Societal, cultural, historical, and environmental factors fundamentally impact health. We are committed to building a culture of well-being that is accessible to all.
- Everyone’s wellness is connected. Each of us impacts the health of our campus community. We seek to infuse well-being into campus culture, address systemic challenges to well-being, and support positive social norms.
- Holistic wellness is part of success: We are committed to partnering with students to integrate all aspects of their well-being including: intellectual, occupational, spiritual, environmental, emotional, physical, financial, and social.
- Every student’s path to well-being is unique: We support students in authoring their own definitions of happy, well, successful, and healthy as they continue to build meaningful and authentic lives.
Areas of focus:
- Brief Interventions and Motivational Interviewing
- Recovery Support
- Strategic Leadership for Harm Reduction, Community Well-being and Health Promotion
- Student Engagement and Academic Partnership
- Build Capacity: Mentor, train, and equip students, families, faculty, and staff to support students in developing skills for lifelong well-being.
- Communicate: Communicate with students and campus stakeholders about personal and community well-being by eliciting students' input, using relevant strategies and acknowledging their autonomy.
- Evaluate: Engage in strategic needs assessment, apply evidence, and measure program effectiveness to optimize our work.
- Partner: Collaborate with campus and community members to maximize collective impact and encourage an inclusive culture of well-being.
Well-being: We provide information and referrals, provide early intervention, collaborate and consult, influence policy and advocate for health for the U-M campus community. Well-being infuses our work.
Free info and resources:
- Brochures, posters and other fun stuff, plus online information at Health Topics A-Z.
- Tobacco Cessation help
- Condoms and other safer sex supplies in the Wolverine Wellness lobby, suite 0245
- Condom Grants are available to Residence Staff and student organization leaders
- Sleep kits to help you snooze
Individual services are available by appointment:
Planning a program? We can help you improve your program, provide materials, and even bring our programs to you. Topics include wellness, alcohol and other drugs, sexual health, and healthy eating and body image. See Programs on Wellness Topics.
Want to destress with a furry friend? Come visit Hawkeye the Wellness Dog!
Want to get involved and gain useful experience? Consider joining one of our student groups or committees. See Get Involved.
In recovery from alcohol and other drug problems, or know someone who is? Connect with the Collegiate Recovery Program.
Want to talk? Our staff (below) are available for personal consultations or to help you strategize about Helping a Friend.
Interested in research on student health and wellness? See Research.
Location: Suite 0245, ground level, University Health Service, 207 Fletcher St, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1050
Telephone: 734-763-1320 - see also numbers for individual staff below
Hours April 29-Aug (hours may vary during semester breaks and holidays):
Mon, Tues, Wed: 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Thurs: 9 AM – 4:30 PM
Fri: 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Sat and Sun: Closed