For patient safety, appointments are required for all clinic visits. Patients should call 734-764-8320 to be scheduled and to be screened for COVID-19. UHS staff including nurses are available to speak with you, and language interpretation is available. Learn more below.
For NON-URGENT Health Concerns
- Call for Nurse Advice: When UHS is open, call 734-764-8320 and press option 2.
- Send a message via the Patient Portal to your health care provider (for established patients with a portal account).
- Schedule an appointment: In-person and telehealth (phone and video) appointments are available. Appointments are required for all clinic visits at UHS. (Appointments are not needed for Pharmacy and Laboratory.)
There are 3 ways to schedule an appointment:
- BEST OPTION: Call 734-764-8320 and press option 2
- Use the Patient Portal (you need an account) to:
- Request an appointment or
- Self-schedule with an established provider (a provider you have seen before in the same clinic, e.g. Primary Care Clinic or Gynecology and Sexual Health Clinic)
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a scheduler will call you to schedule. Please make sure your phone voicemail is set up and not full, so you can receive messages if you miss the call.
For URGENT health concerns
CALL UHS to:
- Get Nurse Advice, day or night
- Learn best options for health care
In a MEDICAL EMERGENCY
CALL 911 OR GO TO THE NEAREST HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM. All fees would be your responsibility. A list of local emergency rooms and urgent care facilities is available at Emergency/After-Hours.
If you anticipate having trouble getting to UHS:
- Please call UHS at 734-764-8320 and tell a staff member
- Students who live in University Housing can also request a ride to/from UHS from Housing Security by calling 734-763-1131
Not sure what to do, or want advice?
Nurse Advice by Phone is available day and night, and you can talk with a nurse for advice about self-care or deciding where to go.