Whenever possible, please call ahead (734-764-8320) to learn how to use UHS.
IF YOU WALK IN WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT MONDAY - FRIDAY, you will:
- Complete a form to let us know about your conditions/needs
- Meet with Registration, who will, in consultation with a nurse, determine next steps:
- Some conditions/needs can be handled fairly quickly
- Otherwise you may be scheduled for a future appointment
For NON-URGENT Health Concerns
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT -- Appointments are required for most medical services at UHS. (Exceptions: Appointments are not needed for Pharmacy and Optical Shop. Anonymous HIV Testing requires an appointment that is scheduled differently.)
There are four ways to schedule:
- BEST OPTION: Call 734-764-8320 and press option 2
- Go to the main lobby, 1st floor of UHS
- Use the Patient Portal (you need an account) to:
- Request an appointment or
- Self-schedule with an established provider (a provider you have seen before in the same clinic, e.g. Medical Clinic or Women's Health Clinic)
- Send an email to email@example.com and a scheduler will call you to schedule. Please make sure your phone voicemail is set up and not full, so you can receive messages if you miss the call.
For URGENT health concerns
CALLING IS RECOMMENDED:
- Get Nurse Advice, day or night
- Learn best options for health care
Visit SATURDAYS SEPTEMBER - APRIL, 9 AM - noon for urgent concerns (no appointment necessary).
In a MEDICAL EMERGENCY
CALL 911 OR GO TO THE NEAREST HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM. All fees would be your responsibility. A list of local emergency rooms and urgent care facilities is available at Emergency/After-Hours.
Not sure what to do, or want advice?
Nurse Advice by Phone is available day and night, and you can talk with a nurse for advice about self-care or deciding where to go.