Immunizations are effective:
Immunizations are one of the most effective ways of preventing and reducing symptoms of illness. For evidence, see Vaccinations Work.
How to get immunizations:
U-M students and other UHS patients (see Who can use UHS?) can get immunizations (vaccinations) at UHS for a fee, described below.
Please schedule an appointment by calling 734-764-8320, or see How to Get Health Care.
If you are planning to travel, please schedule an appointment at least 4 weeks before intended travel because some vaccines take several weeks to take effect -- see Travel Health Services.
If you are less than age 18, you need consent from a parent or guardian -- please use the Consent for Treatment of a Minor form (PDF).
If you want to complete an immunization series and got your first dose(s) outside UHS, arrange to send records of your previous dose(s), with your name and injection dates, via:
- Fax to 734-936-3063
- Email to UHS-ROIRequest@med.umich.edu
- Deliver to Health Information Management, suite 0140, ground floor, University Health Service, 207 Fletcher St, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1050
If you cannot access this pricesheet, or want help in understanding it, please call 734-764-8320 for assistance.
Please check your insurance coverage; patients are responsible for payment of any costs that insurance does not cover.
Immunizations are also available at:
- Local pharmacies
- Your Primary Care Provider / home health care provider
- Washtenaw County Health Department for individuals without insurance, with Medicaid, or those who cannot get vaccination elsewhere; call 734-544-6700 to schedule an appointment
Are you a new student (or parent) who wants to submit immunization records?
See Immunization Records.
Do you need a copy of your immunization records from UHS?
See Health Records.
What immunizations are recommended?
The following immunizations are recommended and considered routine (other immunizations may be recommended for travel):
- Hepatitis A and B
- Human papilloma virus (HPV)
- Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
- Tetanus toxoid, or tetanus/diphtheria (Td), or tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis (Tdap)
- Varicella (chicken pox)
What immunizations do you need?
To learn recommended immunizations, you can:
- Visit a health care provider for recommendations
- Take a quiz from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- For travel-related immunizations, see Travel Health Services.