Good news -- The MedSafe take-back program at UHS has rid the campus community of more than 951 pounds of medications since it began in November 2017!
Now you can dispose of unused and unwanted medications at UHS, with the MedSafe take-back program.
Available when UHS is open, and no need to speak to anyone to deposit medications.
Safe medication disposal protects people from drug abuse and overdose, plus protects our precious waterways.
To dispose of medications:
- Put any liquids (4 oz or less) in a Ziploc plastic bag before disposal.
- Arrive during regular business Hours.
- Put your medications into the MedSafe, located inside UHS, on the first floor near Pharmacy, next to the ATM.
- You can leave medications in their original containers with assurance that all medications will be kept confidential.
Acceptable items are:
- Controlled substances including narcotics
- Other tablets and capsules
- Liquids (4 oz or less, placed in a Ziploc plastic bag)
Unacceptable items are as follows, however you may ask at Pharmacy for safe disposal locations for these items:
- Sharps containers
- Aerosol cans
- Medical devices
- Hazardous materials
- Other Michigan locations that take back medications daily
- UHS Pharmacy - Let us be your pharmacy of choice