U-M students have access to many programs and services related to alcohol and other drugs, many of them free.
One-on-one screening and brief intervention programs:
- BASICS (Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students)
- IMEP (Individual Marijuana Education Program)
- Tobacco Consultation Services - individual support for smoking cessation, plus free nicotine therapy products
- Wellness Coaching - opportunity to talk about alcohol and/or other drug use in the context of overall holistic wellness
Support for students in recovery from addiction:
- U-M Collegiate Recovery Program provides holistic, tailored support to Michigan students who are in recovery from alcohol or other drug problems.If you are a student in recovery or are curious about recovery, give us a call.
- Students for Recovery is a voluntary student organization that is sponsored by UHS. Students meet regularly to socialize as well as to plan and participate in service projects in the local community. If you are in recovery, thinking about recovery, or supportive of recovery, you are welcome to attend our meetings. For more information, see our Facebook page or contact the Collegiate Recovery Program.
- Electronic Check-up to Go - Alcohol personalized screening
- Electronic Check-up to Go - Marijuana personalized screening
- Community Matters: This is a required online education program for all incoming undergraduate (first-year and transfer) students that address alcohol and sexual assault issues. The purpose is to educate students in making informed choices regarding alcohol use and to support those who choose not to use, as well as educate about sexual assault prevention. Incoming students complete the online course modules AlcoholEdu for College and Haven-Understanding Sexual Assault prior to their arrival on campus. The Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center, the Office of New Student Programs, the Vice President for Student Life, and Wolverine Wellness collaborate on this program. For more info, please go to: https://firstyearexperience.umich.edu/undergraduate-online-course
- MiTalk offers mental health resources like online screenings for depression and anxiety, skill-building tools to help you manage stress and academic life, and multimedia workshops, lectures, and amazing relaxation exercises to play or download.
- Sober Monitor Training Program
- Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
- Campaigns and Print Materials for Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Resources for Alcohol and Other Drugs lists on- and off-campus resources for those concerned about AOD use.