Sexuality is a broad concept - it includes desires, values, identities, behaviors, thoughts, and beliefs. How we take care of ourselves with regard to sexuality is our sexual health.
The World Health Organization defines sexual health as:
“…a state of physical, emotional, mental and social well-being in relation to sexuality; it is not merely the absence of disease, dysfunction or infirmity. Sexual health requires a positive and respectful approach to sexuality and sexual relationships, as well as the possibility of having pleasurable and safe sexual experiences, free of coercion, discrimination and violence. For sexual health to be attained and maintained, the sexual rights of all persons must be respected, protected and fulfilled.” (WHO, 2006a)
See the links below for information and resources to support your sexual health!
- Healthy Relationships
- Making Decisions about Dating and Sex
- Condoms and Other Items for Safer Sex
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) Assessment at UHS
- HIV Antibody Testing Options at UHS
- UHS Online Contraception Education Program
- Emergency Contraception
- Pregnancy Testing and Options
- Resources for Sexual Health