As we have in our decades of serving our campus community, University Health Service remains committed to providing comprehensive high-quality sexual and reproductive healthcare and family planning services to our patients. We believe this access is fundamental to a person’s ability to have a safe, satisfying sex life and maintain autonomy over their ability to choose when, or if, to begin a family. We affirm diversity in gender and other identities, and aim to create a welcoming environment for all of our patients.
UHS offers our patients the following reproductive and sexual health services:
- Annual gynecological exams, which may include a pelvic exam, STI testing, and/or screening for cervical cancer.
- STI assessment with a UHS clinician, which may include a physical exam, laboratory testing, and/or STI treatment.
- Wellness coaching for sexual health that provides free, confidential and non-judgmental guides in exploring your sexual identity, communicating with sexual partners, and more.
- Both prescription and non-prescription methods of birth control and contraception. Make an appointment to learn more about the available prescription-based methods—including an intrauterine device (IUD) or implant, the shot, the pill, the patch, or the ring—and find the one that meets your current lifestyle and needs.
- Safer sex supplies, including free condoms and other supplies available at Wolverine Wellness on the ground floor of UHS, or products for purchase like spermicide and lubricants at the UHS Pharmacy.
- Emergency contraception (EC), including buying over-the-counter EC for only $10 at the UHS Pharmacy or calling UHS at 734-764-8320 to access progesterone or copper IUDs.
- Sexual assault services, including an exam with a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) that includes evidence collection or an exam with a clinician who can talk with you about what kinds of services you may need.
- Family planning services, including preconception counseling, pregnancy confirmation, and referrals for prenatal care. Due to the specialized nature of pregnancy-related care, patients may be referred to medical providers outside UHS for ongoing care and treatment.
- Pregnancy options counseling, including pregnancy termination with medication abortion up to 10 weeks of pregnancy. For other abortion care services, we can refer you to be seen at a range of local abortion care centers including Michigan Medicine, Planned Parenthood of Michigan’s Ann Arbor Health Center, and Northland Family Planning (link is external)