The Managed Care/Student Insurance Office staff administers and assists with three insurance plans for the university.
We also assist students and UHS patients who have:
- U-M International Student and Scholar Health Insurance Plan
- U-M employee health insurance
- No insurance
We can help with:
- Questions about insurance
- Explanation of insurance benefits for the plans listed above
- MI Medicaid eligibility and enrollment questions
- Processing insurance referrals
- Questions about outside bills resulting from UHS referrals
Students should have health insurance. If you don't have insurance, consider purchasing the Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan.
- Uninsured? Get Help to Find Health Insurance Now
- Why Students Should Have Health Insurance
- Plans for Students (lists all options)
- Free or Fees for Students – an explanation of health service fee coverage
Need assistance with medical bills?
For UHS bills
For other bills
Telephone: 734-764-5182 or toll-free 866-368-0002
Office hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.