Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are primarily working remotely. Please email or call to reach us:
Telephone: 734-764-5182 or toll-free 866-368-0002
Department hours are the same as UHS Open Hours.
The Managed Care/Student Insurance Office staff assist students and UHS patients who have:
- U-M Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan
- Tuition Refund Insurance
- Travel Abroad Health Insurance
- U-M International Student and Scholar Health Insurance Plan
- U-M Premier Care
- No insurance
- Questions about insurance
We assist with:
- Processing insurance referrals
- Scheduling appointments outside UHS
- Explanation of insurance benefits for the plans listed above
- Questions about outside bills resulting from UHS referrals
- Applying for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Applying for health insurance including Michigan Medicaid
Student Health Insurance Committee (SHIC)
SHIC addresses domestic health insurance issues on campus. SHIC is chaired by the manager of the Managed Care/Student Insurance Office. Interested students are encouraged to participate. See Student Health Insurance Committee.
Students should have health insurance. If you don't have insurance, consider purchasing the Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan.
- How the Affordable Care Act Affects U-M Students
- Why Students Should Have Health Insurance
- Plans for Students (lists all options)
- Free or Fees for Students for an explanation of health service fee coverage
Need assistance with medical bills?
For UHS bills, see UHS Patient Billing Office.
For other bills, see:
Suite 2109, second floor (see also Location and Parking)