The Managed Care/Student Insurance Office staff administers three insurance plans for the university:
We also assist students and UHS patients who have:
- U-M Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan
- Tuition Refund Insurance
- Travel Abroad Health Insurance
- U-M International Student and Scholar Health Insurance Plan
- U-M employee health insurance
- No insurance
- Questions about insurance
We help with:
- Explanation of insurance benefits for the plans listed above
- Processing insurance referrals
- Questions about medical appointments outside UHS
- Questions about outside bills resulting from UHS referrals
- Resources for students who have questions about:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Michigan Medicaid
Students should have health insurance. If you don't have insurance, consider purchasing the Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan.
- How the Affordable Care Act Affects U-M Students
- Why Students Should Have Health Insurance
- Plans for Students (lists all options)
- Free or Fees for Students for an explanation of health service fee coverage
Need assistance with medical bills?
For UHS bills, see UHS Patient Billing Office.
For other bills, see:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are working remotely. Please email or call:
Telephone: 734-764-5182 or toll-free 866-368-0002
Department hours are the same as UHS Open Hours.
Office location: Suite 2109, second floor (see also Location and Parking) -- currently working remotely.