On this page:
- Current goals
- Committee support
- For more information
To serve as the representatives for the University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Flint, and Dearborn Campus students, to evaluate and provide an affordable yet comprehensive Health Insurance Plan endorsed by the Central Student Government. (Medical, Behavioral Health, Vision, and Prescriptions, etc.)
See Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan for information on this plan.
- Solicit, review, evaluate and recommend contracts for a comprehensive health insurance plan for students on all U-M campuses
- Respond to input from students and health care providers and incorporate their input into future contracts when possible
- Recognize the diverse composition of the University student community and remain cognizant of this when recommending the contract
- Take an active role in supporting future insurance planning for the University student community
- Communicate and clarify information about insurance plans and concepts
- To enhance communication and feedback on student health insurance needs
- To educate a broader base of students on the importance and availability of health insurance
- To create a network of student support for student insurance and the need for health insurance
The committee reports to the Associate Vice President of Student Life for Health and Wellness and Executive Director of University Health Service (UHS).
Interested students and other current members of the University community are encouraged to participate.
Members must be a student enrolled for classes or a faculty/staff member during the current student health insurance policy year. If defined membership criteria is no longer met, membership terminates at the end of the current policy year.
Members include the following:
Ann Arbor campus:
- Benefits Office
- College of Pharmacy
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Dean of Students Office, Student Life
- Dental School
- International Center
- Central Student Government (students and administration)
- Office of Procurement
- Office of the Vice President of Student Life
- Rackham Graduate School (students and administration)
- School of Social Work (students and administration)
- Office of Financial Aid
- Office of General Counsel
- University Health Service (UHS)
- Counseling & Support Services
- International Office
- Campus Health Officer
Meetings are held an average of four times per year and on an as-needed basis.
The manager of the Managed Care/Student Insurance Office at University Health Service and the Senior Associate Director of the International Center co-chair this committee. Records are maintained by (and available upon request from) the UHS Manager of the Managed Care/Student Insurance Office.
Contact the UHS Managed Care/Student Insurance Office:
- Phone (734) 764-5182 or toll-free (866) 368-0002
- Email UHSemail@example.com