Thank you for scheduling your COVID test at UHS. Here is important information we would like for you to review.
- All testing performed at UHS will be in our regular medical building at 207 Fletcher St. Ann Arbor, MI 48109.
- This will be a deep nasal pharyngeal PCR test.
- Identify yourself to the check in staff upon arrival. Please wear a mask. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
- You will be notified of your results on the patient portal within 24-48 hours. If you are not active on the patient portal, please get signed up for that.
- If symptomatic or have had a known exposure, please wear your mask and practice social distancing until you have received your results with further instructions.
Lab Results – Next Steps
- Your COVID-19 results will be automatically released to your Patient Portal, usually within 24-48 hours. Please make sure you have signed up for the patient portal at myuofmhealth.org.
- If your test is POSITIVE, follow the Quarantine and Isolation Guidance on the Campus Maize and Blueprint website.
- If you are currently employed at the University of Michigan or are a student in a healthcare setting (nursing, medical, dental, or pharmacy schools), and your test is positive, please contact Occupational Health at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (734) 764-8021 to report your results.
What if I am immunocompromised?
- Immunocompromised individuals may be required to isolate for a longer period of time.
- Some immunocompromised individuals may be eligible for Monoclonal Antibody therapy or oral medications if they test positive for COVID-19 and have symptoms. The guidelines change regularly. If you have COVID-19 with symptoms and feel you may be a candidate for treatment for COVID-19, please call UHS at 734-764-8320 to discuss further.
Mental Health Support
- Dean of Students Office (DOS) provides support with academic concerns, financial issues, housing, meals, etc. If you are unable to isolate safely at home, DOS will discuss your options and potentially coordinate temporary isolation housing. Call 734-764-7420, or email as backup (DOSCOVIDCareTeam@umich.edu) for more information.
- The Division of Public Safety and Security (DPSS) can provide transportation to and from UHS for COVID evaluation/testing if you do not have your own car and aren’t able to walk/bike. To request a ride, call DPSS directly at (734) 763-1131.
- Contact Tracing Corps (CTC) for questions about exposure and your quarantine period, you may contact them at 734-647-0001.
- Occupational Health Service (OHS) If you are currently employed at the University of Michigan or Michigan Medicine, and your test is positive, please contact Occupational Health at Occupationalemail@example.com or call (734) 764-8021 to report your results.
- U-M COVID-19 Community Sampling and Tracking Program (CSTP) is a free, asymptomatic testing program for all U-M students, faculty and staff on the Ann Arbor campus. We would encourage students and staff to use CSTP for routine screening. Students who do not submit proof of vaccination and/or who are not considered fully vaccinated are required to participate in weekly COVID-19 testing. Weekly COVID-19 testing must be administered by University Health Service (UHS: symptomatic) or the Community Sampling and Tracking Program (CSTP: asymptomatic). Once registered for the program, you can schedule your testing at a time and location that is convenient for you. To register and schedule your testing, please go to the CSTP website
- Maize and Blue Cupboard provides free food (as well as cleaning and household supplies) to UM students. There is no application/verification process and the space is set up in a grocery store style so you can take what you need and what works for you. Staff can assist with applying for SNAP benefits (food stamps). Services are free and confidential.
- Food Gatherers is a local non-profit that provides free food across Washtenaw County. Learn more and see a map of pickup sites here
- Grocery Delivery