The UHS Care Managers:
- Are licensed clinical social workers
- Are free resource for people who are struggling with their mental health and aren't sure what to do or where to start
Care Managers support and promote mental health by:
- Screening for and addressing depression and high-risk alcohol use
- Discussing other mental health concerns such as anxiety, sleep problems and eating disorders
- Connecting patients to support resources including referral to therapists, both at U-M and in the Ann Arbor community
- Exploring how to improve feelings of loneliness, isolation and not belonging
- Helping patients develop self-care and stress reduction strategies
You can contact a Care Manager directly.
Some concerns can be addressed over phone or email. Appointments are also available. See Care Managers profiles and specialty areas below.