It's 2 AM and you're feeling feverish -- got a thermometer?
We recommend that you have a health care kit so you can be ready. You can bring supplies to campus or purchase items when you arrive. These items are available at the UHS Pharmacy and other local pharmacies and stores.
Here are suggestions.
- Elastic bandage e.g. Ace™ for sprains
- Adhesive bandages e.g. Band-Aids™
- Hand sanitizer
- Heating pad
- Ice pack
- Insect repellant
- Sunscreen, SPF 30 or higher
- Tissues e.g. Kleenex™
Many medications are available generically, and you can ask a pharmacist for recommendations, such as:
- Antacids e.g. Tums™, Pepcid™
- Antibiotic ointment e.g. Bacitracin™
- Anti-diarrheal e.g. Imodium AD™, Pepto-Bismol™
- Antihistamine for itching or allergies
- Cough drops
- Decongestant e.g. Sudafed™, phenylephrine
- Hydrocortisone cream 1% for itching
- Ibuprofen for pain, fever, inflammation e.g. Advil™ or Motrin™