We believe it's important to have health insurance. If you don't, please take advantage of these opportunities through U-M to get insurance.
U-M Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan
This plan was developed to meet student needs. It is only available to current U-M students during the open enrollment periods, with exceptions for qualifying life events.
If you have a qualifying life event, such as turning age 26 and being removed from your parent's health insurance, the birth of a baby, marriage, or the ending of an insurance policy, you are eligible to enroll outside of the open enrollment periods. Enrollment must occur within 30 days of the qualifying event.
See DSHIP for enrollment information and costs for this plan.
Michigan Medicaid Application Assistance
The UHS Managed Care / Student Insurance team is available to help students check their eligibility for Michigan Medicaid. The staff can also assist with the application process if you are eligible.
For assistance, contact the Managed Care / Student Insurance Office at email@example.com or call 734-764-5182 (toll-free at 866-368-0002).
Marketplace / Affordable Care Act / Health Insurance Exchange
Enroll at HealthCare.gov during the annual open enrollment period or if you have a qualifying life event. Qualifying life events include turning age 26 and being removed from your parent's health insurance, the birth of a baby, marriage, or the ending of an insurance policy. Enrollment must occur within 60 days of the qualifying event.
- "Marketplace" and "Health Insurance Exchange" both refer to the website HealthCare.gov, where you can learn about health insurance options, compare plans, and purchase a plan.
- "Open Enrollment" means a period of time during which people may add or change their insurance plan.
- Check out the Health Insurance 101 video from UHS.
For more information
Contact the UHS Managed Care/Student Insurance Office.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 734-764-5182 or toll-free at 866-368-0002
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.