What is Travel Abroad Health Insurance?

globe with suitcase

The University of Michigan makes Travel Abroad Health Insurance available:

  • All U-M students, faculty and staff are required to have the U-M Travel Abroad Health Insurance whenever traveling outside the US for university-related study, research, business, internships, work or volunteer activities.
  • U-M travelers may also purchase this insurance for leisure travel. 

To register your trip and purchase this insurance, go to the U-M Travel Registry. (Note that faculty and staff traveling on U-M business who register their trip are automatically covered by the insurance.)

For detailed information, see Travel Abroad Health Insurance.