Location, Parking and Transportation
University Health Service
207 Fletcher Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1050
Between Huron and North University Streets, across from the Michigan League.
- Central Campus Map with UHS highlighted
- Parking Facility Map (choose "Central and South Campuses" for a PDF)
Getting to UHS: Because parking around UHS is very limited, consider:
- Riding free UM Buses, which stop near UHS
- Riding City Buses (AATA/TheRide), which also stop near UHS. You can ride AATA buses free by showing your M-card (and personal ID upon request).
Parking may be available as follows (see maps above for structure locations):
- Limited metered parking on the street
- Visitor and UHS patients: in Palmer Structure, visitor side only at hourly rate
- UHS patients: in Fletcher Structure (top level, hourly rate). Patients need a validated (stamped) ticket, otherwise they pay a $25 fine plus hourly rate. After your UHS visit, take your ticket to a clinic secretary or cashier for validation.
- Employees with AVI device: in Fletcher parking structure and Palmer parking structure (see Parking Services for more information)
- Motorcycle/moped parking: near the Life Science Institute Building dock off Washtenaw Avenue.
- Patients with a state-issued disability permit may park:
- On street at designated meters with 4-hour limits
- Fletcher parking structure, patient parking section, at an hourly rate with a validated (stamped) ticket
- Palmer parking structure, visitor section, hourly rate with a validated (stamped) ticket
- Employees with AVI devices, a state-issued disability permit, and a Handicap Verification decal issued by Parking Services may park in Palmer parking structure or Fletcher parking structure
To obtain a disability placard or license plate, see the Secretary of State's website for:
Wheel chair accessibility: UHS south entrance
Paratransit: The University's Paratransit service offers free door-to-door transportation for students, faculty and staff, who have either temporary or permanent mobility impairments.
To use the service, call Services for Students with Disabilities at 734-763-3000. The request will be taken over the phone -- you do not need to visit the office.
For visible impairments (e.g. you are on crutches), no documentation is required because the Paratransit driver will verify eligibility.
For invisible impairments (e.g. a back injury), you need a clinician's note, not on any particular form, stating why Paratransit is required and for how long. SSD's fax number is 734-936-3947.
Parking and Transportation Services provides more information about transportation for people with disabilities.