Updated for Summer 2019
About University Health Service (UHS):
- UHS is a health care clinic located on U-M's central campus.
- U-M summer program participants who are ages 10 and older are eligible to use UHS.
- Program staff must accompany minors to UHS.
- Bring the participant's:
- Insurance information
- Medical history form
- Credit card authorization
- Parent/ guardian’s consent for treatment, ideally the Medical Authorization to Treat form from U-M Children on Campus
- For some services, UHS will bill eligible insurance. For other services or products (e.g. medications, durable medical equipment), payment is required at time of service.
- Nurse Advice by phone is available day or night, which could save a trip to UHS or the emergency department.
What to Do:
For NON-URGENT needs, contact UHS to make arrangements, ideally well before the participant arrives on campus.
For URGENT medical needs, call UHS whenever possible at 734-764-8320. Alternatively, you can go to UHS when open.
In an EMERGENCY: Call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency department):
- Ages < 21 years should use U-M Mott Children's Hospital, 1540 E. Hospital Dr, Ann Arbor
- Ages ≥ 21 years should use U-M Hospital Emergency Department, 1500 E. Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor
NOT SURE what to do? You can call for Nurse Advice day or night
UHS is open May-August:
Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri............ 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Thursday............................ 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Sat, Sun and holidays...........Closed
Location: 207 Fletcher Street (between Washington and N. University), Ann Arbor, MI
- For medical concerns, call UHS at 734-764-8320
- For questions about insurance coverage for your participants, call Patricia Beranek, UHS Summer Program Enrollment Coordinator, at 734-764-7380 or email email@example.com