Pronouns: He / him / his
- MPH Candidate in Health Behavior Health Education, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- MSW Candidate in Interpersonal Practice in Integrated Health, Mental Health, and Substance Abuse, School of Social Work, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- BA in Biopsychology, Cognition, Neuroscience & International Studies, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Roles of intersecting identities on wellness; identities of focus include BIPOC, LGBTQ+, Deaf, and First-Generation, etc.
- Diversity of communication styles
- Visualizing goals and creating tangible action plans
- Cultural/global influence on holistic wellness
- Institutional accountability, adaptation, and cultural awareness
- Experiential learning and interdisciplinary engagement
- Emotional/mental health and resilience
- Promoting accessible, affordable, and comprehensible care and resources
- Student and children empowerment, agency, and success
- Social justice, advocacy, and community development
- Balance of self and perspective
Approach to wellness: For me working towards stable wellness starts with self-reflection sessions, an environmental and social assessment of the assets in one's life, and visualizing what one's journey goal(s) is for their life. From here education is imperative for one to learn not only about the existence of resources but knowledge of how to maximize their resources and support systems in a positive manner. Additionally, there needs to be a tangible and personalized wellness plan in place that accounts and prepares the person for how potential unintended consequences will impact one's thoughts and behaviors.
Personal Interests: Aside from being with friends and family, I love to step out of my comfort zone in terms of traveling, tasting new foods, and trying new activities. I've always been drawn to music from listening to it, playing it, or poorly humming along because I don't know the lyrics. In my academic and free time, I also enjoy trying to learn other languages. So far I've practiced Spanish, Portuguese, American Sign Language, and a little Mexican Sign Language. Overall, I try to maximize and enjoy every opportunity in my life as much as possible!
Learn about Wellness Coaching