When worn correctly, masks can effectively help prevent transmission of COVID-19.
- Wear a mask in public settings when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when it may be difficult for you to stay six feet apart.
- Make sure the mask covers your mouth, nose and chin, with no side gaps.
- Don't wear vented masks because they release unfiltered air.
- Don’t put the mask around your neck or up on your forehead,
- Don’t touch the front of the mask, and, if you do, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer to disinfect.
- Discard disposable masks into a trash can. Do not recycle and do not litter.
*Adapted from the CDC's How to Wear Masks