This article has been archived. It is still available for reference purposes, but may contain out of date information.
During COVID-19, we are doing our best to protect our patients, other visitors and our staff while providing critical health care.
For visits to UHS, here's what you can expect, and how you can do your part.
- All visitors should stop at the tent in front of UHS.
- Appointments are required for clinic visits -- this is for everyone's safety. Call 734-764-8320 to schedule, or see How to Get Health Care.
- Telehealth services are available and schedulers will offer telehealth by phone, video and patient portal messaging when appropriate.
- If you have a scheduled appointment at UHS:
- If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 or any illness before a scheduled appointment at UHS, do not go to UHS. Instead call 734-764-8320. When you call, we may be able to change your appointment to telehealth, or provide nurse advice, so you can receive health care from home.
- Complete the eCheck-in on the Patient Portal before your scheduled appointment (you will need an account, then click on your appointment to complete eCheck-in). This helps us to see you faster and ensures we have your updated medical information. If you do not have a patient portal account, please create an account after your first visit.
- When you arrive, you'll be screened for symptoms and exposures using a tool that you can access via a QR code on your phone. Keep the green check (for clearance) on your phone, because you may be asked to show it again inside UHS, and it's valid for12 hours.
- Refrain from bringing any unnecessary visitors with you to your appointment.
- Clean your hands upon arrival. Hand sanitizer is available.
- Masks are required for all visitors and staff. You may bring your own mask, or we will provide one. If you bring a mask that is not approved, such as a vented mask (see image below), you will receive an approved mask to wear or to cover yours. See How to Wear a Mask Correctly.