Resources on the U-M Campus:
At University Health Service (UHS):
- UHS has clinicians who specialize in the treatment of individuals with eating disorders and eating concerns. You can schedule an appointment. Let the scheduler know that you are seeking an eating consultation, which will give you a longer appointment so you can get your needs met and questions answered.
- Nutrition Clinic You can meet with the UHS Registered Dietician Nutritionist to review your eating patterns and habits and get good support and information. Schedule an appointment with Julie Stocks, Registered Dietician Nutritionist by calling 734-764-8320
- Wolverine Wellness offers individual consultations to help you learn more about these issues and match you with the best level of support. You can also request workshops for your residence hall or student group. Contact Kellie Carbone, MA, LMFT, Health Educator, 734-763-1320, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
Free, confidential services for U-M students including:
- Free online screening for eating disorders
- Eating patterns assessment with a qualified professional
- Counseling on body image and self-esteem
- Short-term therapy for individuals or couples
- Referrals for additional help
U-M MIchigan Medicine Comprehensive Eating Disorders Program
(734) 232-7531 or toll-free (877) 475-6688
1540 East Hospital Drive, Level 5, Reception B
"Individualized, compassionate, evidence-based care for patients age 8-22 with eating disorders." Patients pay fee-for-service or use billable insurance.
U-M Faculty and Staff Counseling and Consultation Office
1009 Greene Street
"Provides support and assistance to university staff and faculty in resolving personal or work-related concerns" including
- Short-term counseling services for personal, emotional, family and workplace issues
- Critical incident, trauma and grief counseling
- Educational presentations on a variety of emotional and mental health topics
U-M Psychological Clinic
500 E. Washington St., Suite 100
"Provides psychoeducational evaluations and evidence-based psychotherapy to students, staff, and faculty at the U-M as well as members of the local community and southeast Michigan"
Accepts some insurance plans including Premier Care and GradCare, and offers a sliding-fee scale.
PULSE is a student-run organization, sponsored by UHS, that promotes health and wellness in residential communities through peer interactions and programming.
About-Face equips women and girls with tools to understand and resist harmful media images that affect self-esteem and body image.
Eating Disorder Referral and Information Center is an international organization offering a comprehensive database of eating disorder treatment professionals.
National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD) provides information about eating disorders and advocacy, sponsors support groups, and makes referrals by hotline and email. They also offer information in Spanish.
National Eating Disorders Association offers educational materials and prevention programs and sponsors Eating Disorders Awareness Week.
Body Image provides information and links.
MEDLINE Plus is the National Library of Medicine's comprehensive eating disorders website.
Want more information?
Contact UHS Wolverine Wellness at (734) 763-1320 or ContactUHS@umich.edu.